Roasted Veggies Variations
One dish that is constantly in our dinner plans are ample amounts of roast veggies. It’s easy, you can add fish or chicken to it and makes for great leftovers for the next day’s lunch. Vegetables are robust and you can roast a great deal on one pan together to ease the clean-up mess.
Everyday Roast Veggies:
- Sweet Potato
- Red or white onion
- Broccoli (I often steam my broccoli but it is delicious roasted as well)
I will then drizzle coconut oil or olive oil over the top, season with sea salt and whatever herb or spice I feel like. My usual is cumin, Moroccan seasoning or a mix of Italian herbs.
Fancy Roast Veg Variation:
If you want to mix it up a bit, here is a recipe from Jessica Sepel (https://jessicasepel.com) where she adds some beans for protein and goats cheese dressing. It is delicious!
Roasted Vegetable & Goats Cheese One Pan
Serves: 2 as a main, 4 as a side
- 1 can organic white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and sliced into wedges
- 2 beetroots, chopped into wedges
- 1 red onion, skin removed and chopped into wedges
- 1 lemon, chopped into wedges
- 10-12 Brussels sprouts, sliced into half
- 1 small bunch of kale, leaves removed from stem
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Handful of baby spinach
- Himalayan salt
- Sesame seeds, chilli flakes to decorate
Goats Cheese Dressing
- 80g marinated goats cheese
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Line a baking tray or pan with baking paper and add chopped sweet potato, beetroot, lemon wedges, red onion and Brussels sprouts. Drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil and season generously with salt. Roast in oven for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove pan from oven and add white beans and kale. Drizzle with remaining olive oil and season with salt. Return to oven for a further 15 minutes, until beans are warmed and kale is crispy.
- Meanwhile, to make goats cheese dressing, combine all dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Remove pan from oven, add baby spinach leaves and drizzle goats cheese dressing over roasted vegetables and beans. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and chilli flakes, if using.