Lentil and Cauliflower Curry
Enjoy this quick and simple healthy curry modified from another JShealth recipe. You can easily add chicken to this if you feel like it, however the lentils provide a lot of protein as is.
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1 -2 brown onions, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander stalks
- ½ tbsp curry powder
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ½ head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 tin brown lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1 tin coconut milk
- ½ cup water or vegetable stock
- 2 large handfuls baby spinach
- sea salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- Enjoy with rice or quinoa
- ¼ cup toasted cashews for top
- fresh chilli, finely diced or chilli flakes (optional)
- Heat the coconut oil in a large saucepan over a medium high heat. Sauté the onion for 2-3 minutes or until translucent. Add in the coriander stalks and spices and fry for 2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add the cauliflower and carrot, stir to coat in the curry spice mix. Allow to brown for 2-3 minutes before pouring in the lentils, coconut milk and the water or stock. Season to taste.
- Bring to the boil before turning the heat down to a simmer for 10 minutes, or until the cauliflower is cooked through. Add the baby spinach to the saucepan and stir through to wilt. Remove from the heat.
- Serve with rice or quinoa, toasted cashews, chilli and coriander leaves, if using.