Healthy Salted Caramel Stuffed Dates
We are obsessed with these tasty little treats from Jessica Sepel’s website (https://jessicasepel.com/salted-caramel-dates/)!! All you need are medjool dates, tahini, coconut oil, cacao powder and some sweetener. Tahini is full of the healthy good fats that are body needs and really adds a caramel flavor to these treats.
Makes: 10 dates
- 10 medjool dates, pitted
- 50g (10 tsp) hulled tahini
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 4-6 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp sea salt flakes
- Using a knife, make a small cut in the date and create a little well for the tahini. Spoon in 1/2-1 tsp (depending on size) of tahini into the date.
- In a small bowl, combine coconut oil with cacao powder and maple syrup/honey (choose whatever natural sweetener you wish). Adding more cacao powder if necessary to reach desired consistency (thick liquid).
- Dip one tahini-filled date into the coconut-cacao mixture until coated, remove and place on a lined baking tray. Repeat with remaining dates.
- Add to freezer to set for 10-15 minutes. You can sprinkle some sea salt flakes to get that ‘salted caramel’,
- Store in the refrigerator for 1 week or the freezer for 1 month (if they last that long).