Easy Chia Pudding
Chia puffing is easy to make, nutritious and so delicious. Enjoy this for breakfast, snack or dessert. You can make in a larger batch and refrigerate up to 5 days. Perfect breakfast for your busy week ahead.
Why you should try it adding chia pudding to your breakfasts:
- High in fiber, protein and calcium
- Chia seeds are rich in omega 3s
- Great source of energy and can aid the digestion process
Basic ingredients include:
1 ½ cups dairy-free milk (use a creamier milk for creamier, thicker pudding such as coconut or cashew milk). Try mixing up your milks for different flavour, my fave is almond or coconut!
½ cup chia seeds
1 Tbsp maple syrup – depending on type of milk you use (if you feel you don’t need sweetener, or will sweeten with fruit toppings you can omit this)
1 Tsp vanilla / ground cinnamon
- In a mixing bowl add dairy free milk, chia seeds, maple syrup (to taste) and vanilla. Whisk to combine
- Cover and refrigerate overnight (at least 6 hours). The chia pudding should be thick and creamy, if not add more chia seeds, stir and refrigerate for another hour or so.
- Enjoy as is, or top with fresh fruit.
Variations of this chia pudding:
Chocolate– add in ¼ cup cacao powder. You can use cocoa but using raw cacao powder has more antioxidants. You will probably need the maple syrup for this though as the cocao can be biter.
Protein– Add a scoop of your favourite protein powder in
Peanut/ Nut Butter –whisk 1 tbsp of your favourite nut butter into the mixture
Banana –add mashed banana or banana slices to the mixture